October \ Nov 2013

Info for Nostalgia, Recollection, SOPHIE Fundraiser and other official WGW Events

Moderators: Mrs Geoff, analogueheart, WGWMods

Keith Fletcher
Jaffa Cake Monster

October \ Nov 2013

Post by Keith Fletcher » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm

HIya Guys, can someone point me in the direction of a link for next Autumn WGW, ppl keep telling me the dates were announced but i cant find them on my phone or works pc, and i'm rapidly losing the will to live - please can someone help

Cheers
THE POPULAR FRONT!
not the judean People's front
Not the Fucking People's front of Judea
BUT-THE POPULAR FRONT!
GEDDIT!

how many members....er just me so far,

well i am the only goth in my Village

PeteW
WGW Web Admin

Re: October \ Nov 2013

Post by PeteW » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Keith the dates for autumn 2013 haven't been released yet.

There are still a few 'i's to dot and 't's to cross; Jo hopes to release the dates around Christmas (either just before or just after).
If you can't beat them with brains, baffle them with bullsh*t

sandraa45

Post by sandraa45 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:53 pm

I would like to re-ask the question. I'm new so dont know much about the dates for the upcoming autumn. Is it already released?
sandraa45

GingerDoll
Jaffa Cakes? What Jaffa Cakes?!

Post by GingerDoll » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:37 pm

either hit the big black button that says Whitby Goth Weekend at the top of this page, or click here for the details of the next festiva;

http://www.whitbygothweekend.co.uk/

As you are pretty new to the festival you might want to try streaming some of the music to see what you like on Spotify, Last.fm etc. I seem to recall if you browse the website that there are also links to the band pages for past and present performers. There's also Bobby Canon's photo galleries which are well worth a look.
Last edited by GingerDoll on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't call me baby.

PeteW
WGW Web Admin

Post by PeteW » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 pm

The dates are on the forum here:- topic 10851

They are also on the main website here:- http://whitbygothweekend.co.uk

sandraa45

Post by sandraa45 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 am

Thanks for all suggestions. I went through photo galery and it gave me some inspirations for my outfit:)

Should I buy the tickets for November already now or there is still time? Is the number of people limited?
sandraa45

PeteW
WGW Web Admin

Post by PeteW » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 am

The numbers in the Spa are limited by fire regulations.

At the moment there is availability, but the event can sell out, especially the November one.

My advice would be to buy as early as you can to avoid dissapointment.

GingerDoll

Post by GingerDoll » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:16 pm

plus if you book this week you may even get a free t-shirt!

You can get tickets for just one night if you don't want to commit for 2 first time.
Don't call me baby.

sandraa45

Post by sandraa45 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 am

I didnt know that there is a Spa:) this might be interesting :D How exactly does it look?
In that case, I'll have to think quickly for how many days I want to go and then just buy it!!
sandraa45

GingerDoll

Post by GingerDoll » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:53 pm

sandraa45 wrote:I didnt know that there is a Spa:) this might be interesting :D How exactly does it look?
In that case, I'll have to think quickly for how many days I want to go and then just buy it!!

ah! The Spa is actually a modern community centre tacked onto an old theatre that overlooks the beach and has the world's steepest steps ever when it comes to negotiating them in large stupidly heeled boots. The bands play in the main hall, there's a food counter & bar and during the day lots of stalls selling goodies.
Don't call me baby.

sandraa45

Post by sandraa45 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:30 am

GingerDoll wrote:
sandraa45 wrote:I didnt know that there is a Spa:) this might be interesting :D How exactly does it look?

ah! The Spa is actually a modern community centre tacked onto an old theatre that overlooks the beach and has the world's steepest steps ever when it comes to negotiating them in large stupidly heeled boots. The bands play in the main hall, there's a food counter & bar and during the day lots of stalls selling goodies.
Ahh ok :D so it's not a real SPA and I got already excited :D it would be nice to have this kind of wellness. Drinking, dancing and then going for some relaxing skin treatments and then again drinking and dancing :D
sandraa45