Please log public abuse and harrassment here...

News on the Sophie Campaign and other related cases.

Moderator: WGWMods

Wolfy
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by Wolfy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:05 pm

I relate to that almost entirely.. Especially feeling a lot more confident at times.. I'd never actually thought what caused it, but you've near enough nailed it, V.
When I'm lacking that personal inspiration, I almost always take music with me so I can lose myself in the energy in that. I guess it's my comforter. :lol:

But for once it really wasn't just my imagination, it was one of those, "And now they're starting to point. I am clearly doing something wrong and deviant." moments. I guess that unmarked area is where people go to strut, and I just wanted to use the only clear bench to eat my Sub. Dunno.

You don't get many.. Non- How to say this without resorting to the lazy 'ch' word.. in Wigan..
During the daytime it's mostly pensioners, twelve year old Top-Shop/Claires Accessories Emo kids and an awful lot of head-the-balls and plain old thugs.
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Emi
Wants a Jaffa Cake

Post by Emi » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:21 pm

The same thing happens to me in my town as well.
For example, the other day when I was walking to my friend's flat to meet her before we got the train, a couple of ladies with prams and such were walking slowly in front of me, turned around and saw me and instead of letting me pass proceeded just to gawp and stare :?

Anywho last night me and my friends were doing the oh so classy thing of drinking in a park (hey, we're poor young students) when a group of 5-12 year olds tried to start on us :shock:
I wasn't really bothered because they wouldn't have done much damage but they did spit at my friend and smash one of our bottles.

But who honestly lets their kids out at 9/10 o clock when their that age, my Mum had me tucked up by half eight!
Well, serves me right for drinking in parks :p

Vicki_Gothard
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Vicki_Gothard » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:51 pm

today i took a bag of my sisters old clothes to marie curie shop, and these two kids were saying is that a lassie ma i dinna ken is a boy or a girl. and went on like that till i went into shop. the mother did not say anything to her kids and when i looked at her she didnt look slightly bothered. now if i had been small and did that i would have been told to be quiet.
life is too short. make the most of it. get over it!

kaziqi

Post by kaziqi » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:13 am

This may not make alot of sense, so bear with me.
When I was in secondary school we used to have to wear skirts, no trousers were allowed at all. In most of the classes I was in all of the other students would usually ignore me unless they wanted something ¬.¬ and I'd usually sit at the front of the class, on my own because I basically couldn't trust anyone. I wasn't 'goth' at this point but I was obviously different to everyone else and didn't wear makeup because it'd only make my skin worse.
Several students would poke fun at me for never smiling, one teacher even asked(after he'd been chatting with some 'trendy' girls) if I ever wore makeup at all and if i was wearing it at the time, because by the sounds of it I was expected to wear makeup in school even though it was against school rules. I've no idea if this teacher was trying to catch me out or whatever but nevermind.
In one class in particular i felt really bullied, not physically but like i said we'd have to wear skirts and i'd sit at the font of the class with my legs crossed. One of my legs would go numb so I'd uncross them and cross the other leg.
Giggles and chatter from the back of the class.
This would happen a few times every lesson for a few years. I now constantly feel like people are talking or laughing about me even if they arent. One of the girls who laughed at me used to be my 'best' friend in primary school, I asked her why they laughed, apparently they just thought it funny, wonder if they realise I'm now paranoid? Wonder if they give a crap. I didn't wear skirts again for years after this.
I know this is technically not about goth but I thought it relevant, I've always been a quiet daydreamer and peoplewatcher but this is probably when I started to realise I just wasn't going to get along with everyone else. Ramble over ^^;

Emi
Wants a Jaffa Cake

Post by Emi » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:17 am

People in school are so harsh *huggles*
I had a lot of insecurities as a result of how people treated me in school. Just remember though they're all shitheads luv and you're so much better than them :)

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:39 pm

vampink wrote:some dick head boy racer probably hunting for 12 year old virgins outside Mcdonalds

And they're quite rare in Wrexham these days aren't they...?

V
What you gone do now, muchacha?

Wolfy
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by Wolfy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:04 pm

kaziqi, I can relate. In highschool, I was singled out just like that, both because I didn't wear make-up, I didn't like or understand the girly inane bullshit that everyone thought was mandatory, and my Mum was a very strict unpopular teacher.

But those idiots that made your life difficult are the first to try and add you on Facebook/Myspace. Weird, isn't it. :roll:
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..

Goth-Alice
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Goth-Alice » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:09 pm

Wolfy wrote:But those idiots that made your life difficult are the first to try and add you on Facebook/Myspace. Weird, isn't it. :roll:

Yeah i know what you mean guys and girls who made my life hell at school now want to be my friend...to be honest i havent added anyone on facebook from my school because its too painful to remember that time in my life.
A cup of the best English Breakfast tea, spiked with cyanide & smashed on your antique wallpaper.
Dark art, tea & cake http://www.goth-alice.co.uk

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:42 pm

On my 40th Birthday (when was that, last week?) I recieved a card from an attacker who broke my nose* in an assault, 11 years ago. Inside the card was a letter of full and unreserved apology.

It's long story...

But the irony of it all was my assailant and I went through school together as 'friends'. The attack happened when we were in our late twenties.

*(Actually by 'broke' I mean, the septum (that's the small chicken-bone in the middle) was pushed over to one side).

V

BASHA
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by BASHA » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:59 pm

What happened V?
I never forgive and I never ever forget

Vicki_Gothard
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Vicki_Gothard » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:17 pm

i dont think thats any ones business but varneys unless he feels he wants to explain.
life is too short. make the most of it. get over it!

BASHA
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by BASHA » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:22 pm

Vicki_Gothard wrote:i dont think thats any ones business but varneys unless he feels he wants to explain.

Point taken. I agree.
I never forgive and I never ever forget

vampink
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by vampink » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Varney wrote:
vampink wrote:some dick head boy racer probably hunting for 12 year old virgins outside Mcdonalds

And they're quite rare in Wrexham these days aren't they...?

V

Haha! Yeah, James said more likely to be 9 year olds now!

I think they have a policy in the town cente now that if constant offenders drive round in town they crush their cars. I find this a good idea.

In response to Wolfy's earlier question I never got the registration number as was a bit gobsmacked that someone even done that.

I told the security on the door who radioed through to the CCTV. I am guessing they probably got pulled by the police as they drove round again (they move in circles, their brains can't navigate fully) and everyone outside smoking just stared at them so I have a theory they where pulled as they weren't seen again for the rest of the night.

Reading through all the stories on this thread is quiet upsetting some of the abuse people have to put up with. Most kids just don't seem to be taught respect and manners anymore and take everything for granted. I think that is probably why society is as bad as it is today. It's quite scary really.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Vicki_Gothard wrote:i dont think thats any ones business but varneys unless he feels he wants to explain.

BASHA wrote:

Point taken. I agree.

It's cool. I don't mind at all... I've told one or two in private the full story already and may tell it another time, someplace else in here. Just not sure it's entirely pertinent to this thread at the moment.

Besides, it's one of those things I am grateful I am able to draw a line under, for now and I don't want to bore anyone with it. Maybe in time...

V

Emi
Wants a Jaffa Cake

Post by Emi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Wolfy wrote:But those idiots that made your life difficult are the first to try and add you on Facebook/Myspace. Weird, isn't it. :roll:

When the people who bullied me added me on social networking sites, they only did it to try and harass me more :(

kaziqi

Post by kaziqi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:14 pm

None of those people have tried to add me, only one of my cousins(she was in the same year as me and used to ignore me completely in school). Remember a lass in college talking to me about my hair too suggesting that because I have long nails I can't wash my hair properly ¬.¬
It is true about people just not having any respect anymore though, its really sad tbh.

Emi
Wants a Jaffa Cake

Post by Emi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:59 am

Yeah, I got told because my hair is uneven that must mean I don't wash or brush my hair.
My hair is curly. Of course it will be uneven, that's just common sense :p

People come up with the most rediculous reasons to bully I swear!

Wolfy
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by Wolfy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:54 am

Emi wrote:

When the people who bullied me added me on social networking sites, they only did it to try and harass me more :(

:( I think the forum needs a collective cuddle age fourteen, and a time machine.

Veering wildy back on topic, I was walking across my neighborhood in my Big Black Boots on Monday (To make sure they're soft enough for gig wear) evening, and a lad aged about seven shouted from his garden, "Hey! Do them boots 'urt when you kick someone's face in?"
Whilst I was considering this question, I head a voice, (sounding uncannily like mine..) call back, "Why on God's Earth would *I* want to kick anyone's head in?"
He didn't reply.

Short trot later.. Across the park, I then had a group of late teenage lads in Rugby shirts shouting and following me, "Freak!", "Transsexual!", "Dirty Goff trannie!" for the next ten minutes, following me down the road.
Sorry lads, with a bum like mine, I could only be naturally female. :lol: I crossed over the road and blew them a collective kiss. Perhaps not the best idea, but I was in a very good mood.

On my 40th Birthday (when was that, last week?) I recieved a card from an attacker who broke my nose* in an assault, 11 years ago. Inside the card was a letter of full and unreserved apology.

That's kind of encouraging for the world as a whole.. I mean not that he broke your nose to begin with.. That he actually cared enough to do that.

I don't even know the name of the girl who left me permanently half blind at 16, and I doubt she even remembers doing it. Perhaps it's for the best, you wouldn't want her busy little life burdened by something so trivial. :lol:

oldgoth
WGW Forum Moderator

Post by oldgoth » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:35 am

Varney wrote:On my 40th Birthday (when was that, last week?) I recieved a card from an attacker who broke my nose* in an assault, 11 years ago. Inside the card was a letter of full and unreserved apology.

It's comforting in some way to think that this has probably been on their conscience since that day, keeping them awake at night! Not that it helps you at all.
Nostalgia and Recollection back for November WGW - tickets on sale!

Gamecat
Jaffa Cake Monster

Post by Gamecat » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:55 am

Do you not find that the "apology" isn't saying "I'm sorry I hurt you" but is really saying "Please make me feel better about having hurt you - ease my conscience"? :?
A heavy weight of hours has chain'd and bowed
One, too like thee, tameless and swift and proud.