Please log public abuse and harrassment here...

News on the Sophie Campaign and other related cases.

Moderator: WGWMods

BASHA
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by BASHA » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Gamecat wrote:Do you not find that the "apology" isn't saying "I'm sorry I hurt you" but is really saying "Please make me feel better about having hurt you - ease my conscience"? :?

I totally agree with that. It makes them feel better about themselves.People always have a reason for doing anything.It's like criminals saying they are sorry for the crime they have commited. They are only sorry they got caught!
I never forgive and I never ever forget

Violet Magenta
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Violet Magenta » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Wolfy wrote:
Veering wildy back on topic, I was walking across my neighborhood in my Big Black Boots on Monday (To make sure they're soft enough for gig wear) evening, and a lad aged about seven shouted from his garden, "Hey! Do them boots 'urt when you kick someone's face in?"
Whilst I was considering this question, I head a voice, (sounding uncannily like mine..) call back, "Why on God's Earth would *I* want to kick anyone's head in?"
He didn't reply.

Short trot later.. Across the park, I then had a group of late teenage lads in Rugby shirts shouting and following me, "Freak!", "Transsexual!", "Dirty Goff trannie!" for the next ten minutes, following me down the road.
Sorry lads, with a bum like mine, I could only be naturally female. :lol: I crossed over the road and blew them a collective kiss. Perhaps not the best idea, but I was in a very good mood.

I'm glad I'm not the only female to have been called a tranny. Though I took it as a compliment because most t-girls I know look fabulous! :D

I also had the 'can you kick someone's 'ead in with them?!' question about my New Rocks when I was at college. I'm obviously less passive then you because my answer was 'I don't know, shall I try on you?' Obviously not the best thing to say, but it got a stunned silence from the entire group that had stopped me. :lol:

oldgoth
WGW Forum Moderator

Post by oldgoth » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Gamecat wrote:Do you not find that the "apology" isn't saying "I'm sorry I hurt you" but is really saying "Please make me feel better about having hurt you - ease my conscience"? :?

Totally.
Nostalgia and Recollection back for November WGW - tickets on sale!

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:11 pm

BINGO!!!

Absolutely. And if you knew this person, you would know the very truth of what you've just said.

We used to be schoolfriends, you see. He waited until we were in our late twenties, to unleash his pent up frustrations which he'd been harbouring since adolescence.

Now works as a psychiatric nurse. Good that, eh? Tina knows his details, since she once served him in her library. He had no idea who he was being served by.

oldgoth wrote:It's comforting in some way to think that this has probably been on their conscience since that day, keeping them awake at night! Not that it helps you at all.

Well, heh... It's been keeping me awake for the last eleven years...

So yes. The bottom line is that I know it's been on his conscience and it's been in my memory. His move has eased my mind and so it has helped a lot. Who knows if it's eased his, or whether that shall require a further move from me...?

That's not going to happen though. Silence is golden.

V
What you gone do now, muchacha?

BASHA
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by BASHA » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:02 am

Your silence and lack of reply will make him feel worse. Good

Tintagel

Post by Tintagel » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:00 pm

I've had the sniggering and snide remarks, but nothing physical as of yet. I've had 'Eeeew Goff' shouted at me when shopping in town and been asked by several people if I'm a Devil worshipper. I've got off extremely lightly compared to many of you. The things that have happened to you are just terrible :(

I wonder sometimes if those who yell abuse/insults are intimidated by the fact we follow our own path and have the gonads to be who we want to be without giving a hoot what anyone else thinks. Then again, maybe they are just born idiots.
~*~“But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."~*~

oldgoth
WGW Forum Moderator

Post by oldgoth » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Varney wrote:Silence is golden.

And a lot more powerful than people give it credit for
Nostalgia and Recollection back for November WGW - tickets on sale!

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:14 pm

oldgoth wrote:
Varney wrote:Silence is golden.

And a lot more powerful than people give it credit for

Oh, so you're trying to say I talk too much now, eh? Is that it...? :twisted: :lol:

V

Tintagel

Post by Tintagel » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:47 pm

Found out this morning that my 13 year old nephew and his friend were jumped by a group of 5 lads yesterday. They were simply walking along the road and were jumped for looking 'Emo'. Luckily, they both have nothing more than a few scratches and bruises.
~*~“But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."~*~

OctoberEternity
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by OctoberEternity » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 pm

Sorry this is a bit late, but I haven't had the internet for a while.

Walking back from the cinema about three weeks ago with my flatmates I got n egg thrown at me. They were in a car as well. Cowards. I was not amused. It wrecked my pink fishnet gloves and I'm ridiculously vain anyway.

Tish.
Still just a Fluffy Little Ball of Hate...

BASHA
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by BASHA » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:21 pm

That's not funny at all. But can you imagine how great it would be if you neatly caught the egg in your hand and said "Thanks lads! I've run out of eggs and I do love them for breakfast!" That would be sooooo good :D

OctoberEternity
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by OctoberEternity » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:56 pm

That would have been amazing. If I could aim I would have been tempted to throw it back.

Actually, embarressing as it sounds, it really hurt. It hit the little bony bit of my wrist and smarted like hell as well as going all over me.

BabyGhost

Post by BabyGhost » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:24 pm

OctoberEternity wrote:That would have been amazing. If I could aim I would have been tempted to throw it back.

Actually, embarressing as it sounds, it really hurt. It hit the little bony bit of my wrist and smarted like hell as well as going all over me.

I once had something thrown at my head and it actually cut my face open. Turned out to be a Rich Tea biscuit =/
"We want the finest wines available to humanity. We want them HERE and we want them NOW!"

http://www.myspace.com/hourglassghostie

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:30 pm

OctoberEternity wrote:That would have been amazing. If I could aim I would have been tempted to throw it back.

It is not the object thrown which counts in a projectile attack, so much as the speed and force with which is is thrown. It is said that a ham sandwich, falling from the top of the Empire State Building, could flatten a car. You could be blinded by a kit kat finger, if the conditions were right. The bottom line is that a projectile attack works out in law as intent to start affray and is therefore a criminal offence, whether it be a small, sharp stone or an egg. Throwing pickled beetroot at someone's clothing, for instance, could work out as a criminal damage.

V

OctoberEternity
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by OctoberEternity » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:10 am

D'ya reckon I could get them for criminal damage over £3.99 worth of gloves? As we were walking back there we saw loads of egg splattered all over Oxford Road so we weren't the only targets. I know it wasn't random at me though because it was accompanied by shouts of 'mosher'.

Do you still even get moshers? I think they've died out or morphed into emos or metallers.

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:27 pm

OctoberEternity wrote:D'ya reckon I could get them for criminal damage over £3.99 worth of gloves?

No idea. Point is, it's your property. What lies underneath, is an arm that might be bruised, at any rate. If the gloves cost 50p, this is still unnaceptable.

(Just what is it about your face, that makes me feel protective towards you?) :/

OctoberEternity wrote:Do you still even get moshers? I think they've died out or morphed into emos or metallers.

Moshing has more to do with how you dance, than how you dress. No such thing as a mosher, outside of a mosh pit. Anyone can mosh. I think these days, some people must think it's some kind of fashion group.

V

OctoberEternity
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by OctoberEternity » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 pm

I remember when I was in high school fans of nu-metal who were a couple of years older than me described themselves as 'moshers'. I just assumed that it was another youth subculture.

Varney wrote:(Just what is it about your face, that makes me feel protective towards you?) :/

I've got big eyes. It makes me look like an anime character and gives the impression of being young and innocent (according to my ex).

Wolfy
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by Wolfy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 am

Varney wrote:Moshing has more to do with how you dance, than how you dress. No such thing as a mosher, outside of a mosh pit. Anyone can mosh. I think these days, some people must think it's some kind of fashion group.

V
Can't speak for all of Lancashire.. But in Preston, Greater Manchester, Aston-I-M, Wigan and St. Helens "Mosher" has completely moved away from the dancing and become a very lazy local term for people you'd expect to find at a late-teenage rock night, or just an ignorant term.
Same with "Sweddys"/"Shwetties" (Builder friend of mine says that spawns from decades back, gradually removed from "Sweaties", when folks DID go out and mosh/dance all night and come out soaking, rather than stand around drinking/moping. He was confused why nobody my age realised that)
It mainly refers to anyone who likes a bit of black clothing, and sometimes (Not aiming this at you OE!) look a bit unkempt.

The town I grew up in didn't treat either as aggressive terms. Just how "Scouser" is a description, and needs other words to make it's use hateful. :(
Seems things twist.
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Wolfy
Jaffa Cake Snaffler

Post by Wolfy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:13 am

Anyway, I came in here to say I got some interestingly stupid abuse this evening. :roll:

I was stood at the side of the road, waiting to cross and talking to my father on my phone. A builders van slowed down, and one of the occupants leaned out, leered close at me, and said, "Allo! Heil Hitler!" and drove off.

I was wearing a loose velvet blazer to cover my tight black armless shirt, over a finger length mesh shirt. That and black velvet chord trousers. I wasn't aware Nazis enjoyed this kind of Aesthetic, else I'd probably have paid even more attention in History lessons.

Puzzling it over briefly with Gangrel, I figure it was my knee high buckle boots. Why the Hell can't people just mind their own business?
I'm not respectable, and never sensible - I've been incredible, so damned irascible..
..and I like the things I do, so hooray for me.

Varney
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Varney » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:19 am

Wolfy wrote:Why the Hell can't people just mind their own business?

Because they don't have any business particularly worth minding...?

V