Please log public abuse and harrassment here...

News on the Sophie Campaign and other related cases.

Moderator: WGWMods

Corsair
Wants a Jaffa Cake

Re: Please log public abuse and harrassment here...

Post by Corsair » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Thankfully the abuse i have had is nothing really to what some people here have had done to them but its starting to wear me down.I moved to Bilton about five years ago and all was quiet for awhile then it started.I got called all the usual names but that didn't really bother me as they didn't know where i lived.However around a year ago one of the kids must have seen me going in my house as that was the time they started throwing stones at my windows.I thought i would try and deal with this properly and have a word with his parents to try and stop this before it goes any further.BIG MISTAKE...The parents said it wasn't him and now him and his mates are using my house as target practise.I live with my 65 year old mother and she is wondering why some kids are doing their best to smash the windows.

I know this is going to sound stupid but i feel totally helpless to stop it..i cant grab the kid or speak to his parents.I really don`t want to move because apart from the kids its a nice area.Its getting to the point when i don`t look forward to going home after a days work because i don`t know what i will find.
Peace now..angels soar above your Towers of Silence.....

Psycho Clown
Full to Bursting with Lovely Jaffa Cakes

Post by Psycho Clown » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Invest in CCTV. Log any and every event that these scum perpetrate and go to the police.

If you can go to them with evidence (the CCTV footage) and a comprehensive dairy of the abuse you've put up with they will act.

If it's council or other rented accommodation under one of those associations, also take copies to them.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Sorry I can't be any more help. :(

Corsair
Wants a Jaffa Cake

Post by Corsair » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Psycho Clown wrote:Invest in CCTV. Log any and every event that these scum perpetrate and go to the police.

If you can go to them with evidence (the CCTV footage) and a comprehensive dairy of the abuse you've put up with they will act.

If it's council or other rented accommodation under one of those associations, also take copies to them.

Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Sorry I can't be any more help. :(

Thanks for that. 8)

Any advice is always welcomed...Think the CCTV has to be my next step as i have to put an end to it.This is the first time i have told anybody about the crap i am putting up with apart from a few family members so its been quite a release just talking about it.

Thanks again.
Peace now..angels soar above your Towers of Silence.....

MissDee
Jaffa Cakes? What Jaffa Cakes?!

Post by MissDee » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Cctv is defiantly your next step. If the parents won't take action I'd take the footage to the police.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SienneDeaddoll
http://www.madamedees.co.uk

CountBastardoThe666th

Post by CountBastardoThe666th » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:47 pm

MissDee wrote:Cctv is defiantly your next step. If the parents won't take action I'd take the footage to the police.

Hmmmm....I remain somewhat cynical.

Why? Well, an ex work colleague in U-01 - he was probably the most laziest bastard going. He used to show up late all the time, and even 'sneak' into the building to evade detection by management types. Also, he had the privilege of being able to visit the other departments around the country - in one instance, Deeside. Where he blagged about the journey and traffic and admitted to taking his girlfriend to Cheshire Oaks for shopping. When he was supposed to be working.

He left to became a PCSO - who are as useful as a band aid on a shot gun would.

Now, he has become a fully fledged copper.

This was the day I developed what can only be described as a ferociously dim view of the Police forces.

Not forgetting that they'll say there's 'insufficient evidence' from the CCTV cameras, like they've done when there was a recent theft at U-01 towers a couple of weeks ago. Despite having a very expensive, and elaborate CCTV system monitored 24/7.

Good luck with sorting it out, you'll need it...
-[ Resident open minded Goth Flavoured Metaller With A Touch Of CyberGoth™ ]-
10 POKE 53280,16: POKE 53281,16: POKE 646,16
20 PRINT "I'M SO GOTH THAT I PEE DARKNESS"
30 GOTO 10
>RUN

MissDee

Post by MissDee » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Show it to the parents first.

Anyway. Was sat on the bus home last night and got the "what have you come dressed as" line. My reply was simple "come back to me when you have a better line"

Surprisingly it actually shut them up.

Alira

Post by Alira » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Well I'm sure we've all had the same old song and dance of verbal abuse that you always get.
"What are you wearing that for? It's not Halloween yet" etc.

As for physical abuse once at a train station as I was walking up the steps some yob ran past me, hitting me round the head and went "GOFFF."

I thought "Yeah, thanks for noticing. (Ouch)"
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time, lost in space
And meaning.

Thelema
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Thelema » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 pm

MissDee wrote:Show it to the parents first.

Anyway. Was sat on the bus home last night and got the "what have you come dressed as" line. My reply was simple "come back to me when you have a better line"

Surprisingly it actually shut them up.

Well done it's good to hear of a triumph .
I had a little run in with the local ASBO types last raceday . I'd forgotten what footware I had on when I did a quick nip into town . So comming home this youth decided to get in my way on the footpath and suddenly realised I was about a foot taller than him and twice the width , I skillfully got round him when I heard that awful noise from one of his female companions " Are you wearing High Heels ? "
( stop laughing I'm being serious )
( they were 3" heeled slouch boots from Evans , yes Ladies boots)
" Yes I am " I said bold as brass and then went on to explain that the angle they held my foot at made my gout more comfortable ( major bull shining session ) . The lass then gave me a thumbs up and the lad just grunbled "allright Meatloaf ". I actually got away with it . :D :D
Miranda Hart and Patricia Hodge to play Brenda and Effie

MissDee

Post by MissDee » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:48 pm

I could never put my finger on who you reminded me of. Its meatloaf! sorry.

My tone of voice tends to let people Know im not your submissive goth type. Tends to shut people up. I once got a small group of girls start on me in the club I worked in. I was stood on the smoking terrace talking to my manager (female) so we looked like we were on a night out. I was she was working. One girl grabbed the laces of my corset pulled and said "can you still breath slut?" Another then grabbed the hand my cigg was in and took a drag .... I knew I couldn't hit her id lose my job .... my manager was on the radio the second it started and at this point 5 doormen showed up :) I loved my boys so much! They started shouting the odds saying good job your here we know she's not old enough and shes a goth blah blah blah. They got barred for life and I continued to drink for free :)

kaged
Jaffa Cake Monster

Post by kaged » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 pm

I havent had problems for a while, but if I wear my New Rocks out I get young 'normal' types looking at them..

I usually just smile at them.

The last time I really had a problem was in a local metal club, when a metalhead stepped to my best friend and pointed at me saying 'What the f*** has SHE come as?' To which my friend said 'my best friend!'

I was wearing Swear trainers, fluffy legwarmers, fishnets, black shorts, a stripy top and cincher/waspie affair.
I was actually dressed quite mild in comparison to some of my outfits at that time!!

She was wearing new rocks and an outfit off Blue Bananas peg!
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

And people think Goths are twisted!

Alira

Post by Alira » Sun May 01, 2011 5:32 pm

kaged wrote:I havent had problems for a while, but if I wear my New Rocks out I get young 'normal' types looking at them..

Do they make fun of you for it? Because I keep getting comments from older men when I'm out about my boots being "sexy" and "kinky" which should be a compliment but it's almost as worrying as them abusing my boots ;)

Clearly they don't know what "Nice boots" means? :P
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time, lost in space
And meaning.

kaged
Jaffa Cake Monster

Post by kaged » Sun May 01, 2011 5:38 pm

That sort of thing creeps me out Alira!

I wouldn't say they make fun really, they just look, point and snigger to themselves.
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

And people think Goths are twisted!

MissDee

Post by MissDee » Sun May 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Alira wrote:
kaged wrote:I havent had problems for a while, but if I wear my New Rocks out I get young 'normal' types looking at them..

Do they make fun of you for it? Because I keep getting comments from older men when I'm out about my boots being "sexy" and "kinky" which should be a compliment but it's almost as worrying as them abusing my boots ;)

Clearly they don't know what "Nice boots" means? :P

This would get a much more hostile response from me. I hate anyone making sexual references at me in anyway. What right does anyone have to ask or imply that anything your wearing is sexually related to anything. I could understand if someone was walking round in a Gimp mask but still whos place is it to say anything? Same as men asking about how you would go about getting a corset off .... none of your god damned business!

steamwolf
Jaffa Cake Monster

Post by steamwolf » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 am

OK. OK. I'm a newbie, and not any way 'Goth' just expressing an interest. As a result of that interest I have been trawling my way through this forum generally, and come across this thread.

I find it extremely upsetting the number of people who have been verbally and physically assaulted, especially as those who have posted on here must be just the tip of a much larger iceberg. Even more worrying is the number of young girls who have been the subject of abuse and sexual innuendo. Who are these people who think that this sort of behaviour from themselves is right and acceptable? Has society all gone mad?

I know that some of this is 'fear'. Fear, because of total lack of any understanding, fear of anything different from whatever their little minds consider the norm. My own family have been subjected to this sort of totally irrational nastyness, again I believe driven by fear, but for different reasons. My 'middle' son was born severely mentally and mildly physically handicapped. When he was about 6, we were refused entry to the Pizza Express, in Scarborough, because "Other customers don't want people like 'that' in here". These days, I'd have made a fuss, and had them under the discrimination laws, but then, the effort of just coping with my son was so exhausting, that we just let it ride, and went elsewhere!. He has recently been laughed at, jeered at and pointed at by staff in a Tesco store nearby, but my now very grown up teen aged daughter (I was not there) got the duty store manager, and apparently gave him an earbashing about the training and attitude of his staff!

Some posters here have made the point that people in general seem to be reluctant to go to the aid of anyone in trouble, and I agree that this is the case. Many are scared to get involved, because of the fear that they themselves will get hurt, or perhaps accused of attacking the attackers, especially as sometimes the law seems to be biased against ordinary people in favour of the aggressors! I'm afraid the 'don't get involved' attitude is deeply ingrained.

I know, that speaking for myself, getting involved is a subject for internal debate. Some years ago, part of my job involved inspecting the equipment in playgrounds owned by various local councils, inspecting for condition, safety etc etc. Early one morning I was looking at a small playground in a small market town, and saw something that at first glance I thought was a bundle of discarded clothing. Closer inspection revealed a youngish girl, say 15ish, huddled in a heap on the ground and in tears.
The internal debate went something like 'Do I dare offer to try to help her, or will I set myself up to be accused of some sort of sexual harrassment?" My immediate reaction was that she needed someone to pick her up, and give her a hug, but that I dare not do that! My compromise was to sit beside her for a few minutes, and try to talk to her. She was wet through, cold, shivering, and obviously in great distress about something. She wouldn't talk to me, apart from telling me she was OK, and wanted to be left alone. I tried to talk to her more, but she withdrew completely into herself then.
I am afraid to say that I feel that I 'copped out' and on leaving the playground, I telephoned the local police station, explained the situation to them, and they said they had a WPC nearby who would come and try to talk to the girl. I never heard any more, but for weeks had this nagging feeling that I should have done more, offered more comfort.

I hope now, that should I ever come across someone being attacked, I would have the courage to help, even if the aid might only be me belting the attacker(s) round the ear with my walking stick, and to hell with the consequences!
The Archetypical Grumpy Old Man.
I have this running commentary in my mind complaining about life, the Universe and Everything!

MissDee

Post by MissDee » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 am

I help if I see someone in trouble even if its only shouting "POLICE, STOP" this will make most people believe the police are actually there and make the attacker run away. Hopefully. I will sometimes even confront a parent if I feel their treatment of their children is wrong. My ex neighbour was warned several times from me that I wouldn't sit by and watch her abuse her children. Eventually I rang social services. There was one occasion where her 3 year old girl was on the inside of the house and had locked her mum out. Mum was shouting to be let in and the girl was screaming on the other side of the door that she wouldn't because she was going to hit her again. I rang the police to deal with that one. The other time was when it took a great deal of will power not to physically attack her. I could hear shouting right outside my back door, all our gardens are connected, I opened the back door and she was stood screaming and shaking her little boy who was about 18mths old. I started shouting at her to put him down then my elderly neighbour came out. She dropped the child who went running to my other neighbour. She took him in the house shouting she was calling social services and the police. Me and mum shouted at each other a bit before she started trying to break into my other neighbours house which was about the time the police got there. She's moved away now and scarily still has custody of those children. Their dad might have criminal convictions but he's a brilliant dad! Stupid justice system we have.

But yeah small tangent there! I'm slightly more confident with confrontation due to my work in nightclubs.

MissDee

Post by MissDee » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 am

I help if I see someone in trouble even if its only shouting "POLICE, STOP" this will make most people believe the police are actually there and make the attacker run away. Hopefully. I will sometimes even confront a parent if I feel their treatment of their children is wrong. My ex neighbour was warned several times from me that I wouldn't sit by and watch her abuse her children. Eventually I rang social services. There was one occasion where her 3 year old girl was on the inside of the house and had locked her mum out. Mum was shouting to be let in and the girl was screaming on the other side of the door that she wouldn't because she was going to hit her again. I rang the police to deal with that one. The other time was when it took a great deal of will power not to physically attack her. I could hear shouting right outside my back door, all our gardens are connected, I opened the back door and she was stood screaming and shaking her little boy who was about 18mths old. I started shouting at her to put him down then my elderly neighbour came out. She dropped the child who went running to my other neighbour. She took him in the house shouting she was calling social services and the police. Me and mum shouted at each other a bit before she started trying to break into my other neighbours house which was about the time the police got there. She's moved away now and scarily still has custody of those children. Their dad might have criminal convictions but he's a brilliant dad! Stupid justice system we have.

But yeah small tangent there! I'm slightly more confident with confrontation due to my work in nightclubs.

CountBastardoThe666th

Post by CountBastardoThe666th » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:49 pm

Not seen anyone post in this thread for a while, so I'd thought I'd add something.

Walking back from the Tesco with Countess Bastardo, and this Hipster Twat is outside having a smoke with orange sunglasses and a trilby like Pete Docherty along with a friend of his, who had the nerve to call me 'Meatloaf' and 'Look at Meatloaf and his boots'.

Response was thus:

‎Hipster: "Ha, look at Meat Loaf!'

Me:"Not thought of anything original, mate? Meat Loaf is a c*nt, like you are!"

This pretty much silenced them and we had the upper hand there and reversed the situation.

Goth 1. Hipster Twat NIL :lol:
-[ Resident open minded Goth Flavoured Metaller With A Touch Of CyberGoth™ ]-
10 POKE 53280,16: POKE 53281,16: POKE 646,16
20 PRINT "I'M SO GOTH THAT I PEE DARKNESS"
30 GOTO 10
>RUN

MissDee

Post by MissDee » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:45 pm

I had an odd encounter in the bank on Monday. There was a man in front of me in the queue who informed me the queue was long. I said ok. A few minutes past and he noticed loads of pennies on the floor. He asked if that was his fault. I said i didn't know. Then he said "no need to treat me like crap, I'm a human being you know"

Confused as to what i had done wrong I distracted myself with my phone until i got called to the desk. Then he told the cashier he treated everyone the same *turned his heas to me* no matter how they dress.....

Was very odd.

angeljezabel
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by angeljezabel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:51 am

Firstly I'm heavily tattooed, nothing offensive more like the stuff you see guy Achison do on miami ink. I work at lush they have absolutely no problem with how I look as long as I wear black/white and when I'm on shop floor a black apron.
On this particular day I was wearing creepers and a black fifties 'summer' dress, hair up in a bun with a flower in it and a bit of liner and mascara.
I was on the shop floor spritzing myself with some fragrance when I noticed the customer near to me sneeze, I apologised saying that it might have been my spraying perfume that had made her sneeze when she snarlingly stated 'I can't abide looking at you with (points at my arms) all those tattoos'
To say I was stunned was an understatement.

I've had comments about them before, often positive, occasionally negative (won't you regret them when your older etc) but I'd never experienced such vitriol before.
Nobody laughs when they leave.......

Bobby Canon

Post by Bobby Canon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 pm

I can't see the need to be vitriolic about them. They are on your body, and it is you who has to live with them, and you are obviously at ease with that. I can fully understand people not liking them, but to be so upset as to say "I cannot abide looking at them" is a bit over the top. Just for the record, I like seeing tattoos :)