Please log public abuse and harrassment here...

News on the Sophie Campaign and other related cases.

Moderator: WGWMods

MissDee
Jaffa Cakes? What Jaffa Cakes?!

Re: Please log public abuse and harrassment here...

Post by MissDee » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:09 pm

That's horrible Angel! I had someone grab my arm to look at mine at the weekend in the pub. They didn't say anything negative but I do object tp beinf grabbed and stroked. Do others with tatts get this? Strangers just touching your tattoos as though their not realising their touching another human being without permission?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SienneDeaddoll
http://www.madamedees.co.uk

steamwolf
Jaffa Cake Monster

Post by steamwolf » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 pm

angeljezabel wrote:Firstly I'm heavily tattooed, nothing offensive more like the stuff you see guy Achison do on miami ink. I work at lush they have absolutely no problem with how I look as long as I wear black/white and when I'm on shop floor a black apron.
On this particular day I was wearing creepers and a black fifties 'summer' dress, hair up in a bun with a flower in it and a bit of liner and mascara.
I was on the shop floor spritzing myself with some fragrance when I noticed the customer near to me sneeze, I apologised saying that it might have been my spraying perfume that had made her sneeze when she snarlingly stated 'I can't abide looking at you with (points at my arms) all those tattoos'
To say I was stunned was an understatement.

I've had comments about them before, often positive, occasionally negative (won't you regret them when your older etc) but I'd never experienced such vitriol before.

Hey Look that's not acceptable. Its YOUR body, so you can do as you please with it, my only proviso is that what ever you do doesn't hurt anyone else!

Whilst I might not approve (and I'm not saying I do or don't) Its not my place, nor anyone else's to pass gratuitous comments about you, your dress, your tattoos or anything else, that's just plain rude.
The Archetypical Grumpy Old Man.
I have this running commentary in my mind complaining about life, the Universe and Everything!

GingerDoll
Jaffa Cakes? What Jaffa Cakes?!

Post by GingerDoll » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:12 pm

AngelJezebel, tattoos are art and a form of self expression. Sadly many people can't see this, and unfortunately some people feel they have the right to may other people feel small because they don't agree with a particular form of expression. It must have been awful having someone speak to you like that, and I bet you looked as cute as. Don't let their poison bring you down.
Don't call me baby.