The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

A place for all things for the forthcoming WGW
Dreams, ideas and cunning plans

Moderator: WGWMods

Post Reply
PeteW
WGW Web Admin
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 11:15 am
Location: North Wales

The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by PeteW » Wed May 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Yep, we are giving away tickets for November WGW.

Visit the new WGW Facebook page for full details

http://www.facebook.com/whitbygothweekend/posts/139551696178362
If you can't beat them with brains, baffle them with bullsh*t

_the_siren
Jaffa Cake Snaffler
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by _the_siren » Wed May 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Pity there's not a similar thing for the people not on Facebook

M4Mish
Jaffa Cake Monster
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: Cul-de-sac of Britain

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by M4Mish » Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 am

_the_siren wrote:Pity there's not a similar thing for the people not on Facebook


Seconded :up: . Not all our lives revolve around that damned thing...
Look in the mirror. What do you see? Is it yourself? Is it a stranger? Or is it just simply me?

steamwolf
Jaffa Cake Monster
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: East Angrier
Contact:

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by steamwolf » Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 am

If I win them I'll give you one each!!

(Forum Raffle anyone?))
The Archetypical Grumpy Old Man.
I have this running commentary in my mind complaining about life, the Universe and Everything!

M4Mish
Jaffa Cake Monster
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: Cul-de-sac of Britain

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by M4Mish » Thu May 10, 2012 11:19 am

steamwolf wrote:If I win them I'll give you one each!!


Aw bless. Is this where I should promise to hug you and squeeze you and call you George...? :wink:
Look in the mirror. What do you see? Is it yourself? Is it a stranger? Or is it just simply me?

PeteW
WGW Web Admin
Posts: 696
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 11:15 am
Location: North Wales

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by PeteW » Thu May 10, 2012 1:02 pm

We are sorry that those of you who don't have Facebook accounts are disappointed, but the reason for doing this is to encourage everyone to sign up to the one group.

At the moment there are three official Facebook groups as well as a whole load of non-official ones, which is a nightmare to keep track of when we need to update information. Also the main group, set up several years ago, has a limit of 5000 members which we are very close to. We have now set up a proper commercial page for WGW that is unlimited, but we need everyone from the old group to move over so we can just let the old one 'die'.

Rest assured though that the forum will continue; we have no plans to replace it with Facebook, so those who don't want to make Mark Zuckerberg any richer than he already is don't have to!
If you can't beat them with brains, baffle them with bullsh*t

Tez
Full to Bursting with Lovely Jaffa Cakes
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Guisborough

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by Tez » Thu May 10, 2012 2:54 pm

PeteW wrote:Rest assured though that the forum will continue; we have no plans to replace it with Facebook, so those who don't want to make Mark Zuckerberg any richer than he already is don't have to!


Thank fuck for that !!

Having just recently joined the fb site I cant say am that impressed, if you think you have problems with 'uber goths' here you wanna try looking at that place !!, those who post regular seem a pretty 'bitchy' lot :?

This format is far far better and doesnt make anyone a billionaire to boot !! 8)
Tez

so, the 'Hokey Cokey'...........is that really what its all about ???

User avatar
Psycho Clown
Full to Bursting with Lovely Jaffa Cakes
Posts: 1464
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:27 pm
Location: Yorkshirepuddingshire
Contact:

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by Psycho Clown » Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm

M4Mish wrote:
steamwolf wrote:If I win them I'll give you one each!!


Aw bless. Is this where I should promise to hug you and squeeze you and call you George...? :wink:


You could do that while he's giving you one. :shock:

:D

M4Mish
Jaffa Cake Monster
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 pm
Location: Cul-de-sac of Britain

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by M4Mish » Thu May 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Tez wrote:PeteW wrote:
Rest assured though that the forum will continue; we have no plans to replace it with Facebook, so those who don't want to make Mark Zuckerberg any richer than he already is don't have to!


Thank fuck for that !!

Having just recently joined the fb site I cant say am that impressed, if you think you have problems with 'uber goths' here you wanna try looking at that place !!, those who post regular seem a pretty 'bitchy' lot :?

This format is far far better and doesnt make anyone a billionaire to boot !! 8)


From what I've seen looking over hubby's shoulder on the odd time he's been on there, I wasn't impressed either. I also hate the lack of security etc on FB as well as all the astoundingly dull dribble people post on it.

Psycho Clown wrote:
M4Mish wrote:
steamwolf wrote:If I win them I'll give you one each!!


Aw bless. Is this where I should promise to hug you and squeeze you and call you George...? :wink:


You could do that while he's giving you one. :shock:

:D


I guess that depends on whether he likes being called George :lol: !

I dunno, I thought I managed quite admirably to resist making any such remark on being given one, taking it as the kind gesture it was intended as, but some people... :roll: :wink:
Look in the mirror. What do you see? Is it yourself? Is it a stranger? Or is it just simply me?

User avatar
Psycho Clown
Full to Bursting with Lovely Jaffa Cakes
Posts: 1464
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:27 pm
Location: Yorkshirepuddingshire
Contact:

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by Psycho Clown » Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

M4Mish wrote:I dunno, I thought I managed quite admirably to resist making any such remark on being given one, taking it as the kind gesture it was intended as, but some people... :roll: :wink:

"some people"? - Yup, that'd be me then. :D

steamwolf
Jaffa Cake Monster
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: East Angrier
Contact:

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by steamwolf » Thu May 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Psycho Clown wrote:
M4Mish wrote:I dunno, I thought I managed quite admirably to resist making any such remark on being given one, taking it as the kind gesture it was intended as, but some people... :roll: :wink:

"some people"? - Yup, that'd be me then. :D
Pervert! LOL


OK Ok So I'm just niave.

I will share any tickets I win with those in need OK. OK?
The Archetypical Grumpy Old Man.
I have this running commentary in my mind complaining about life, the Universe and Everything!

MissDee
Jaffa Cakes? What Jaffa Cakes?!
Posts: 4612
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 12:04 am
Location: Right behind you

Re: The Great Facbook WGW Ticket Giveaway!

Post by MissDee » Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 am

I put the link on my fanpage :)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SienneDeaddoll
http://www.madamedees.co.uk

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest