The new Album by David Bowie ...

If this needs explaining you need a slap!

Moderator: WGWMods

CyberAndy
Jaffa Cake Monster

The new Album by David Bowie ...

Post by CyberAndy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Just wondered if anyone has yet heard any of it, and what they think ???
The media seem to be falling over themselves to proclaim it as 'fantastic' ... Is it really 'fantastic' I wonder, or is 'the myth' of Bowie behind their superlatives ??? ....

I love a lot of Bowie stuff, but also think he's released some dross along the way ; what is certain is he is a master of playing the media game.

Tez
Full to Bursting with Lovely Jaffa Cakes

Re: The new Album by David Bowie ...

Post by Tez » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:35 pm

I've not heard it yet, but I will be buying it, purely for the nostalgia Bowie holds for me, I grew up listening to this fella and he is STILL one of the most unique musical talents this island has produced in my humble opinion.

I think he showed his mastery of the 'promo' with how he released the first initial track, good luck to him I say :up: , with all the usual 'wannabe dross' we have shoved in our face by crap programmes like Xfactor, its refreshing to hear again after all these years from a truly outstanding artist :)
Tez

so, the 'Hokey Cokey'...........is that really what its all about ???

Lady Spiderella
Full to Bursting with Lovely Jaffa Cakes

Re: The new Album by David Bowie ...

Post by Lady Spiderella » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:29 am

I've heard one song and seen the video to the song on one of the tv music shows.
I wasn't impressed, but then I probably need to listen to the whole cd before coming to any conclusions about it.
The song was ok and different from his past songs.