A forum specifically for topics related to trading at WGW

Moderator: WGWMods

AlternativeFootwear
Has no Jaffa Cakes

April 2012

Post by AlternativeFootwear » Tue May 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Sooo... what did everyone think ?

Visitor numbers ? up/down?

All the improvements made ? anyone notice?

Feedback time.

NOTE TO ADMINS: Perhaps we can have a WGW Traders FB page, a closed/secret group, as unforunately - we dont seem to get many use this forum :(

Mark
AF

MissDee
Jaffa Cakes? What Jaffa Cakes?!

Re: April 2012

Post by MissDee » Wed May 02, 2012 12:06 pm

As my first event I felt it went ok. It was quiet and the weather Sunday stopped people wanting to come that close to the sea front.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SienneDeaddoll
http://www.madamedees.co.uk

hawklord
Has no Jaffa Cakes

Post by hawklord » Thu May 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Well, I got a smashing new pair of creepers from AF...

Ta!
Technicians of Spaceship Earth, this is your captain speaking...

...your captain is dead...

MissDee
Jaffa Cakes? What Jaffa Cakes?!

Post by MissDee » Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 pm

When I go to talk to AF I avoid looking at the shoes. They call to me. They need a new home. Mine.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SienneDeaddoll
http://www.madamedees.co.uk

Natalieultravixen
Ate all the Jaffa Cakes

Post by Natalieultravixen » Sat May 05, 2012 11:34 am

I easily get distracted by AF shoes :D

steamwolf
Jaffa Cake Monster

Post by steamwolf » Sun May 06, 2012 5:33 am

As a poor innocent newbie my thoughts were:-
1) it was a great deal quieter than I expected. The owners of the Grantly House said it had been quiet all year but they put that down to the cost of fuel putting people off, plus the murder and weather deterring day-trippers.
2) the lighting in the Spa theatre was dreadful and they didn't exactly get it sorted quickly. Was like trading in a bat cave. I know Goths like bats and darkness but you did need to see the goods on sale!
3) not sure that keeping the fire doors open to the theatre corridor was entirely a good Idear in view of the inclement weather it was freezing in there and windy too.
4)huge and diverse range of stuff for sale and all the traders I.spoke to were friendly.
The Archetypical Grumpy Old Man.
I have this running commentary in my mind complaining about life, the Universe and Everything!

AlternativeFootwear
Has no Jaffa Cakes

Post by AlternativeFootwear » Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 pm

steamwolf wrote:As a poor innocent newbie my thoughts were:-
1) it was a great deal quieter than I expected. The owners of the Grantly House said it had been quiet all year but they put that down to the cost of fuel putting people off, plus the murder and weather deterring day-trippers.
2) the lighting in the Spa theatre was dreadful and they didn't exactly get it sorted quickly. Was like trading in a bat cave. I know Goths like bats and darkness but you did need to see the goods on sale!
3) not sure that keeping the fire doors open to the theatre corridor was entirely a good Idear in view of the inclement weather it was freezing in there and windy too.
4)huge and diverse range of stuff for sale and all the traders I.spoke to were friendly.

Some good feedback there, where you trading or visiting?

1)Yes would agree the number of bodies through were less than Nov, and also noticed a lack of photographers - which is good or bad depending on your view. but we did find many spending not just browsing.

2)Lighting - many events we've been to the lighting is terrible, as many are nightclubs where being dark is key, get yourself a very long ( 30M/100ft) extension cable and some clip on lights - invaluable in the future - and a couple of spare bulbs.

(Over the years you start to build up a "what if" kit, which for us include gaffa tape, scissors, tapegun, cable ties, screw drivers, pliers, spare extension, blubs, paper, marker pens, spare till/card m/c rolls, etc - and even if you dont need it will bet others will come ask 'have you got a - i can borrow' so it works both ways... like loaning your sack truck etc. )

3) Fire Doors - we have the same problem over in the LC, some of the traders park there vans next to them and are in and out allot - we would prefer firedoors to be kept shut personally whilst the market is open.

4) Diverse is good, brings a wider audiance so if your trading increases your chance on hitting on the right product for the right customer, and would agree a friendly co-operative bunch on the most part.

Did anyone go to the informal trader meet on the thursday ?

Mark
AF

AlternativeFootwear
Has no Jaffa Cakes

Post by AlternativeFootwear » Thu May 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks Nat & Hawk :)